Mt. Whitney Day Hike

Monday, August 24, 2009


For some strange reason I had the urge to wake up at 2:30 a.m. and climb the highest mountain in the continental United States! I went with the Packer clan and had a great time. Though the journey was strenuous and fraught with dangerous marmots, all six of us were able to reach the summit and arrive safely back at the Whitney Portal. We made it back around 8:45 p.m. My favorite place had to be Lone Pine Lake. What a beautiful place! Kate, Jeff, and I all made the 3 mile hike to the lake the day before the summit hike as a practice. I was able to take beautiful pictures and I even took a dip in the lake. It was cold! By the end of the trip we all were extremely worn out and tired, but it is cool to be able to say that we all made it!

You can see pictures of our trip at: http://www.flickr.com/photos/jcm81/sets/72157622133729934/. Click on the slideshow button so you can REALLY get a good look at the pictures!

0 comments: