Update...

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

O.K., yes I know. It has been a very long time since I have written anything. So, here we go. End of July, I took the infamous three day California State Bar Exam. It was as awful as everyone said it would be, and more. I don't think I've worked so hard before, and honestly, I don't care to ever work that hard again. I find out if I passed the end of November. I have a good feeling about it.

In August, Camille published her first book, Stop Overeating Today (http://www.stopovereatingtips.com). The book is a fun read and very well written. Its great because it can apply to everyone, not just people with serious food addictions and it doesn't focus on dieting! We're so proud of her huge accomplishment. By the way, it would make a great gift for the holidays!


Book


In early September I hiked Mt. Whitney for the second time. This time I did it in 5 days, backpacking with my Dad. It was a really cool experience. We didn't meet a lot of people on the trip because we were in the backcountry. It was just us, the wilderness, and the bears! Well, we didn't actually run into any bears, only some tracks. We did see a lot of deer and marmots though. I include a picture of a marmot below for those who have not heard of them. Basically the are over-sized rodents. The trip was quite a challenge, but we both made it to the top and back alive.





Gabby is getting older. She is now 7 months old and almost crawling! She scoots and rolls to whereever she wants, keeping Camille and I on our feet. She's as cute as ever though!


Blue eyes


So, there is a quick update for everyone. I'll do a better job in the future of keeping the blog up to date. I took a hiatus during the summer. As always you can check out pictures I take at http://www.flickr.com/photos/jcm81/.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Gabby is a doll! Loved the update. Can't wait to hear about your bar results. I'm going to check out Camille's book. That is quite an accomplishment. Tell her I said congratulations!

Peter and Mandy said...

Gabby is a cutie! Wow congratulations on the book.